Posted: January 11, 2014
How To Get More Work-Truck Business
Tips Truck Accessory Manufacturers Have To Get More Fleet And Work Truck BusinessBy Dan Sanchez
The boom in truck sales for 2013 has definitely been the shot in the arm that the truck accessory market has been waiting for. But many manufacturers and retailers are also wanting to get more work truck and fleet business. Here's a quick rundown of some of the exclusive tips that were given to us by several truck accessory manufacturer representatives, who are also hot on the trail of the work-truck and fleet market.
1) Advertize that you carry and install work-truck and commercial truck products.
2) Use the terminology "truck equipment" as well as "truck accessories."
3) Identify the products that best fit their needs, based on local climate, business, terrain, etc.
4) Push products that offer improved efficiency to help them reduce annual expenses.
5) Utilize showroom POP displays and demo shop-trucks to help sell work-truck products.
Additonal information and insight that manufacturers shared with us about the work-truck and fleet market, is in an exclusive article in the Jan/Feb 2014 issue of Trucking Times. Don't miss it.