Posted: October 02, 2015
EXCLUSIVE: How Jobbers Can Make The Most Of A SEMA Show Experience
Six Tips Jobbers Can Use To Have A Great SEMA ExperienceBy George Lathouris
1) Have a plan! You’re there to see some great vehicles, but you’re also there to develop and expand your business. Take advantage of the opportunity; get on the website and make sure you identify where and who you have to connect with. And always make sure you spend a few hours for the new products section, which is a must for all attendees.
2) Set your appointments so you’re in one hall for as long as possible. If you don’t then you will lose precious time walking back and forth between North, South and Central.
3) Swipe your card and have the manufacturers send you catalogs – carrying all those books could slow you down.
4) Spend time at the OE manufacturers’ booths to see what platforms they are focusing on so you know what’s in store for your businesses’ future
5) The show does not end at 5PM – SEMA and hundreds of participating manufacturers promote their own events and attending those events will help you create meaningful contacts and connections for your business in the future.
6) Don’t get comfortable – take the time to look at things that you don’t normally sell. You never know what you might see that can diversify your business!