Posted: February 05, 2016
Six Easy Steps To Getting More Customers
How To Create A Google + Business Page, A Must For Truck Accessory RetailersBy Dan Sanchez
It's surprising how many truck accessory retailers have not taken advantage of the many online business tools that Google offers. Some say it's too complicated while other complain that online retailers are taking away their business. The facts are that it's simple for any retailer to create a Google + page for their business which will allow customers searching with their mobile devices to find you and contact you directly.
How To Start Your Google + Business Page
1) Go to www.google.com/business. Click on the "Get On Google" blue button. If you don't already have a Google account for your business, you'll need to create one. Make sure to use a business e-mail address such as marketing@TruckAccessoryStore.com. If you use your own personal account, the business page will be connected to that account. If you don't have a general e-mail address, it's a good idea to start one with Google's gmail (example: YourStore@gmail.com)
2) Once you've created an account, you'll be prompted to select the type of business. The selections include Store Front, Service Area or Brand. For truck accessory retailers you should select Store Front, even if you also do installations.
3) Search for your business in the world map. Once you've selected your type of business, Google will search to see if it already exists on its world map. At the top of the page, you can type in the business name and see if it appears. If it does continue on, but if not, simply add your business name, address, and phone number in the areas provided for that information.
4) Add your category. For most truck accessory retailers, this would be Retail Sales.
5) Once all the information is in, you will have created a Google + page. Google wil send you a code via regular mail, that contains a code. It takes one or two weeks to get it, but log back into your Google account and enter the code. Then your business will be verified.
6) Ater verifying the page, you can log in and update the settings. This is where you can add information such as your hours of operation, a brief description of your business, logo, and any other images such as the outside and inside of your store.
Once you've created your Google + page, you'll be accessible by any mobile device for people looking for the products you carry. You can also log in to your page and add images or updates on sale items, or feature certain manufacturer's products.